The Lenovo ThinkSystem DB610S 32Gb FC SAN Switch provides exceptional price/performance value by delivering market-leading 32 Gb Gen 6 Fibre Channel technology and combining flexibility, simplicity, and enterprise-class functionality to meet the demands of growing flash-based storage environments.
Designed to enable maximum flexibility and reliability, the ThinkSystem DB610S FC SAN Switch is a compact 1U rack-mount switch that offers low-cost access to industry-leading Storage Area Network (SAN) technology while providing “pay-as-you-grow” scalability to meet the needs of an evolving storage environment.
This product guide provides essential pre-sales information to understand the ThinkSystem DB610S FC SAN Switch, its key features and specifications, components and options, and configuration guidelines.
This guide is intended for technical specialists, sales specialists, sales engineers, IT architects, and other IT professionals who want to learn more about the ThinkSystem DB610S FC SAN Switch and consider its use in IT solutions.
Changes in the December 11 update:
Added software support extension options for Brocade Network Advisor
Removed withdrawn Fibre Channel SAN switches
Updated external storage systems
The ThinkSystem DB610S FC SAN Switch offers the following features and benefits:
- Provides an affordable enterprise-class 32 Gb FC solution with 24 SFP+ ports to support flash-based storage environments.
- Increases performance for demanding workloads with support for 32 Gbps FC links.
- Simplifies configuration and management with easy-to-use EZSwitch Setup.
- Enables “pay-as-you-grow” scalability from single-switch fabric to full-fabric enterprise capabilities with Ports On Demand scalability.
- Optimizes fabric behavior and ensure sufficient bandwidth for mission-critical applications with advanced traffic management capabilities and adaptive networking.
- Provides proactive, non-intrusive, real-time monitoring and alerting of VM health and performance with VM Insight through integrated network sensors.
- Offers dual functionality as either a full-fabric SAN switch or as an NPIV-enabled Access Gateway (requires 24 SFP+ ports be licensed) that enhances fabric scalability and simplifies management.
- Protects existing device investments with auto-sensing 4, 8, 16, and 32 Gbit/sec capabilities and native operation with Brocade fabrics.