Lenovo IBM TS2280 Tape Drive
Lenovo IBM TS2280 Tape Drive - PRICE | REVIEW | SPECIFICATION | HYDERABAD | CHENNAI | TELANGANA
Lenovo IBM TS2280 Tape Drive - Offer Price
Call for Best Price
Ideal for growing storage requirements
Long-term tape storage for backup & archive
Easy access to data on LTO Ultrium 8 cartridges
- through IBM Linear Tape File System (LTFS) technology
Media-partitioning on LTO Ultrium 8 media & LTFS
- Provide long-term backup and archive storage data protection while lowering overall storage costs
- Easily access data stored on Linear Tape-Open (LTO)
- Support media partitioning on LTO Ultrium 8 media
- Interchangeable Ultrium 8 and Ultrium 7 tape media
The TS2280 6Gbps SAS interface enables it to connect to a wide spectrum of open-system servers. The LTO Ultrium 8 tape media provides partitioning support
- in conjunction with IBM Spectrum Archive
- provides users with filelevel access to tape data.
This support helps users quickly locate and update information on the tape media. LTO Ultrium 8 technology is also designed to natively support data encryption
- with core hardware encryption and decryption capabilities resident in the LTO Ultrium 8 tape drive itself.
Management solutions such as IBM Spectrum Protect™ or third-party storage management software can extend the power of TS2280. IBM Spectrum Archive helps simplify access and management of TS2280 by enabling text-based file tagging
- enabling more intuitive searches of drive content. This software creates an efficient “data footprint” to dynamically store every bit of data
- helping maximize performance and ensure security.
TS2280 Tape Drive supports the LTO Consortium compressed specification for LTO Ultrium 8
- offering up to 30TB of data storage per cartridge (12TB native)
- twice the compressed capacity of the previous LTO Ultrium 7 cartridges. In addition to reading and writing to LTO Ultrium 8 tape cartridges
- TS2280 can read and write to LTO Ultrium 7 cartridges. TS2280 supports the self-describing features of LTO tape cartridges for operational simplicity.