Lenovo IBM TS2900 Tape Autoloader
Lenovo IBM TS2900 Tape Autoloader - PRICE | REVIEW | SPECIFICATION | HYDERABAD | CHENNAI | TELANGANA
Lenovo IBM TS2900 Tape Autoloader - Offer Price
Call for Best Price
Entry-Level Tape Autoloader With Latest Gen Technology
- Slim profile, 1U system designed for rack system environments for automated, high-capacity tape storage
- Features the latest generation of Linear Tape-Open (LTO) with Ultrium 8 half-height technology designed for reliable performance in small to midsize open-system environments
- Lowest entry price of any IBM tape automation offering half-height tape technology
- 1U slim profile designed for rack system environments for automated, high-capacity tape storage
- Features half-height LTO Ultrium technology designed for reliable performance in small to midsize open-system environments
- Adheres to LTO Ultrium specifications
- Half-height LTO Ultrium 8, 7, 6 and 5 support the encryption of data for increased security with archived data
- Lowest entry price of any IBM tape automation offering IBM half-height tape technology
The TS2900 is equipped with standard features designed to provide ease-of-use and secured data backup. Web-based remote management, a bar code reader and a removable tape magazine help provide ease of use. The TS2900 can be used in a rack system or on a desktop next to a server in an office. These types of features help reduce the amount of required IT personnel, as well as help centralize backups in the data center. The TS2900 is also designed to support the encryption of sensitive user data in combination with half-height LTO Ultrium 8, 7, 6 or 5 tape technology. With a 6 Gbps serial-attached SCSI (SAS) interface, the TS2900 is supported on IBM System x®, Intel and other competitor open-system server platforms.
The TS2900 Tape Autoloader has a nine-data-slot cartridge capacity for a total storage capacity of up to 270 TB with 2.5:1 compression, as well as a single I/O station designed to provide undisturbed library operation when extracting or inserting data cartridges. The TS2900 utilizes one half-height LTO Ultrium drive—generation 8, 7, 6, or 5. The TS2900 is shipped as a rack-mount unit with the option of a desktop conversion kit.
Half-height LTO Ultrium 8 tape drives are designed to read and write data at a transfer rate of up to 300 MBps and store up to 12TB native on a single LTO Ultrium 8 data cartridge (30 TB with 2.5:1 compression). LTO Ultrium 8 technology is designed with the ability to read and write data to LTO Ultrium 7 data cartridges, thus helping to protect current investments in LTO Ultrium cartridges.